This recipe is from veganosity website. I had made these for our potluck and they were a hit. Everyone really enjoyed them.
2 cans of jackfruit in water
2 Tbl ground flax
6 Tbl water
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp water
2 Tbl old bay spice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves minced, or 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 Tbl minced chives
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Mix together the flax and water set aside.
2. Drain, rinse, squeeze and pat dry, and chop jackfruit till it resembles lump of crab meat.
3. Put mustard, tsp water, lemon juice, and worcestershire sauce in a large bowl and mix until completely combined.
4. Add jackfruit, flax, herbs, and bread crumbs and combine with your hands until mixture begins to stick together. Form into cakes.
5. Place the cakes on a plate and refrigerate for at least an hour.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and put the cakes on a cookie sheet. Squeeze lemon juice over the top of the cakes and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and squeeze lemon juice on top of cakes and bake for another 10 minutes or golden brown.