I am a Whole-Food Plant-Based Health and Wellness Coach that focuses on disease prevention and reversal through the lens of lifestyle and functional medicine. I am also a Reiki and Shamanic healer. I even transformed my dog training business into a practice for holistic wellness coaching for dogs (WFPB nutrition, obedience training, and physical conditioning for the active pet, sport dog, and working K9).
1. How long have you been vegan? Since age 10.
2. What made you decide to go vegan? I was 10 so the answer was simple. I love animals and didn’t want to eat them. As I matured, I saw that there were other implications, such as the environment and health. My family has a history of several chronic diseases so I am definitely also focused on health. I need somewhere to live, so there in lies my focus on the environment.
3. What are the benefits eating vegan have done for you? Excellent health, useful and clear skin, energy/stamina, And clear thoughts.
4. What did you find to be the biggest challenge of eating vegan? Eating out, eating with friends, learning to cook (hey I was 10!), educating myself of this lifestyle.
5. What are your go to foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner? I do intermittent fasting so I do not eat breakfast. For lunch, I have fruit and walnuts with a little sprinkle of ground flaxseed. For dinner, I love soups and curries (clean out the refrigerator), beans and lentils, and in the summer a HUGE warm seasonal salad with tahini.
6. Do you have a favorite cookbook, tip or recipe to share? Drink water equal to half your body weight in ounces daily.