In the Spotlight
Aaron is a musician, environmentalist, yogi, and is focused on increasing community capacity and positive social change.
1. How Long have you been eating plant-based? I have been plant-based for the last two years.
2. What made you decide to go plant-based? I started eating plant-based for my health and for environmental reasons.
3. What are the benefits eating plant-based have done for you? I feel healthier now that I have made this change and I know where my food comes from. Another benefit is the cost of food is less and I feel better about my existence.
4. What did you find to be the biggest challenge of eating plant-based? I think the biggest challenge is social norms. Eating this way is outside the normal. Also there are not as many restaurant options available for whole plant-based foods.
5. What are your go to foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner? For breakfast I will have oats, berries, and nuts. For lunch and dinner I will have rice, beans, tofu, lentils, and veggies 100 percent of the time!!
6. Do you have a favorite cookbook, tip or recipe to share? Rolled oats, pearled barley, milk thistle seed, chia seed, flax seed, walnuts, oat bran, goji berries. Soak these in almond milk overnight. In the morning add almond butter and more almond milk….immune boast breakfast!!!