Avery Yale Kamila
Avery is the Vegan Kitchen Columnist for the Portland Press Herald Newspaper in Maine.
1. How Long have you been eating plant-based? I have been vegetarian since 1988 and I became vegan since 1991.
2. What made you decide to go plant-based? I learned about the environmental and animal rights issues that goes along with eating animal products.
3. What are the benefits eating plant-based have done for you? I have more energy and overall better health.
4. What did you find to be the biggest challenge of eating plant-based? We live in a pro-meat culture. It helps to be prepared and have a sense of humor.
5. What are your go to foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Breakfast: Oat groats with crushed walnuts, ground flax seed, hemp seeds, chia seeds, maple syrup and Maine blueberries.
6. Do you have a favorite cookbook, tip or recipe to share? Vegan eating has never been more popular. It’s a great time to eat plant-based.