Elizabeth is a student at Catholic University in Washington, D.C studying psychology and brain science.
1. How Long have you been eating plant-based? I have been vegan for 8 months.
2. What made you decide to go plant-based? My friend inspired me to be vegan. I gave it a try and I have never looked back.
3. What are the benefits eating plant-based have done for you? I have sensitive skin and it has helped my acne. I never feel “too full” or sick after a vegan meal. I feel so much happier.
4. What did you find to be the biggest challenge of eating plant-based? The most difficult thing for me is the restaurants and the meal options near my college, Catholic University, are not that many.
5. What are your go to foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Breakfast: Smoothies made with coconut milk. Lunch: Tempeh BLTs. Dinner: Stir-fry. I also like Justin’s peanut butter cups.
6. Do you have a favorite cookbook, tip or recipe to share? Vegan 101 cookbook has recipes that are so easy to make. Cooking tofu/tempeh in teriyaki sauce is so flavorful!
Website: Elizabeth likes Mercy for animals website.