Leah is a student at Elon University and is from Tampa, Florida.
1. How Long have you been eating plant-based? Since March 2017.
2. What made you decide to go plant-based? During an ethics class of my spring semester, our professor had a woman from the Humane League come to give us a presentation. Then we watched the movie Cowspiracy. In short, for ethical, environmental and health reasons!
3. What are the benefits eating plant-based have done for you? Better health, much higher and more steady energy, more yummy food and learning new recipes.
4. What did you find to be the biggest challenge of eating plant-based? Navigating relationships and family interactions and making a plant-based diet more accessible.
5. What are your go to foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Breakfast-Green monster smoothie by Oh She Glows. Lunch- Quinoa, black beans, avocado, salsa and corn. Dinner- Pasta with avocado sauce.
6. Do you have a favorite cookbook, tip or recipe to share? Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon. It is full of yummy, usually simple recipes that my non-vegan family eat right up.