I come from the Southern part of India. I like to travel, learn different cultures and languages, and teach about health. Since 2012 I have worked as a medical missionary in India, Kenya, Jamaica, Australia, and New Zealand. At present, I am a Health and Well-being Counsultant for The Ark Lifestyle Education Center. I provide health coaching, lifestyle counseling, simple natural remedies, and dietary plan for health conditions.
1. How Long have you been eating plant-based? For 7 years.
2. What made you decide to go plant-based? I started learning the benefits of a plant-based diet. I learned how all my nutrient requirements could be met daily; how I could stay healthy, and how my life could be longer yet without any disease. In addition, I also have a clear conscience that I am not responsible for cruelty to poor animals.
3. What are the benefits eating plant-based have done for you? My overall physical, mental and spiritual health has improved. I am more energetic, active and focused in everything that I do. I am happier and don’t get sick easily. Because of my personal experience, I am able to each others the benefits f a plant-based diet.
4. What did you find to be the biggest challenge of eating plant-based? Plant-based food is relatively expensive, especially when you want to guy organic and non-GMO . That is the only challenge I face at the moment.
5. What are your go to foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Breakfast: Multi-grain cereal, almond milk, one type of nut (sometimes a mixture of nuts) and one or two fruits. Lunch: Most days I eat at the Olive Branch Cafe, where they provide delicious and healthy soups, burgers, sandwiches and salads. Dinner: Fruits and/or popcorn, sometimes seasoned rice.
6. Do you have a favorite cookbook, tip or recipe to share? Amazing Health by Barbara Watson and it is available on Amazon.
Website to check out: www.lewistonark.com