1. How long have you been eating plant-based? I became vegan at age 50 years old after watching the movie Forks Over Knives.
2. What made you decide to go plant-based? I became plant-based because of my health and for the animals. Also, when I saw the science that really made a difference!
3. What are the benefits eating plant-based have done for you? Within one week the inflammation in my thumb joint decreased and then disappeared! The pain also decreased and then disappeared! Also, my heart grew so much that I learned about the animals and what I had not known.
4. What did you find to be the biggest challenge of eating plant-based? It was hard finding food to eat when I was out. Also, knowing how the anmials are killed for our food and how mad that makes me that I never knew this growning up. It took me until age 50 to learn this!
5. What are your go to foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner? For breakfast I eat oatmeal and blueberries. For Lunch: Rice and Beans. For Dinner: I try to keep it light with fruit or a soup.
6. Do you have a favorite cookbook, tip or recipe to share? Find community and share recipes. You are not alone! Check out “Simple Daily Recipes” on Facebook and youtube. Check out Plant=Based Bangor on facebook.