Anneka is an avid runner, a passionate vegan animal activist and she plans on attending Husson University in the Fall for nursing. She works at a variety store in her hometown and she has just talked the owner into offering the Impossible Burger on their menu as their first vegan option. She also started her own you tube channel, see below.
1. How long have you been eating plant-based? For 1 year, then stopped for a couple of months and now has been vegan for six months. I will be a vegan for life now. I want my kids to be vegan also.
2. What made you decide to go plant-based? The first time was for health. That was before I knew about the animals. I was running and I was interested in good nutrition. I did a lot of research and thought this was something to try. Now that I have learned more about the animals and how they are treated I also do it for the animals but for all the reasons now…health, world peace, the environment and the animals are all good reasons to follow a vegan diet.
3. What are the benefits eating plant-based have done for you? I did have a bit more energy but other than that didn’t notice any difference in how I felt.
4. What did you find to be the biggest challenge of eating plant-based?
Other people not eating this way. They thought it was just a fad but it’s not. My family is not vegan but they are supportive of my choice now.
5. What are your go to foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Breakfast: Either a smoothie, smoothie bowl or oatmeal are my three top go-to foods for breakfast. Lunch: Rice, tofu, broccoli, any type of sandwiches make of tofu or PB&J sandwich with veggies on the side. Dinner: Big burrito bowls with beans and rice, sometimes homemade pizza. or I will eat the same things I eat for lunches. NOTE: Here is her recipe for Rice, tofu and broccoli she shared with us for our website: PlantsareBest.com
6. Do you have a favorite cookbook, tip or recipe to share?
TIP: Go on youtube and find any recipe you ever wanted to try and watch the video. Maddie Lymburner has great videos. Also watch the movie on youtube “Vegan 2017”.
Website: Anneka is doing a great job trying to education people about veganism. She has a youtube channel: going _the_ vegan__distance She has some great pictures of her smoothie bowls and banana ice cream on her Instagram page. You can find her at: the_vegan_runner15.